Posnack Plus at Posnack School
Posnack Plus fosters academic, social and emotional competence, developing a sense of self-worth and self-confidence that will lead to future success.
Every student excels in unique ways. Posnack Plus engages students who have a range of learning differences and provides them with the opportunity to succeed. By identifying individual needs, strengthening foundational skills, and supporting executive functioning skills, Posnack Plus students are supported as they develop their strengths and overcome challenges. Our students benefit from specialized instruction delivered by specialized teachers in a small learning environment. Our students enjoy all of the benefits of Posnack School, PLUS the extra support they need to become independent and confident learners.
The mission of Posnack Plus is to provide a personalized and appropriate learning environment through which a wide range of learners can solidify skills and access grade-level curriculum given necessary modifications. Posnack Plus fosters academic, social, and emotional competence in an academically driven setting that integrates Jewish culture and academic excellence leading to student success.
Meet Principal Jennifer Beer Corliss
Mrs. Jennifer Beer Corliss is the Principal of Posnack Plus at Posnack School. Mrs. Corliss was born and raised in South Florida. She earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology with a concentration in child development from Tulane University. Mrs. Corliss then continued her education as she earned a master’s degree in education and an additional degree in exceptional student education. She has dedicated over 20 years to educating students in lower school through high school grades and has taught at the University of Miami. She has earned an ESOL endorsement, Facing History certification, certificate in Aspiring School Leadership from Harvard University, and has spent many years developing curriculum for both elementary and middle schools at prestigious Jewish day schools in South Florida. Mrs. Corliss brings a variety of experiences, enthusiasm and most importantly, love for children of all abilities as she embraces this new and exciting endeavor as Principal of Posnack Plus at Posnack School.
To contact Mrs. Corliss, email email@example.com or call 954-583-6100 ext 342.
Posnack Plus Offers
- Immersion in the Posnack School community
- Integration with Posnack School peers in non-academic classes
- Individualized learning programs based on Posnack School’s curricular standards of excellence.
- Differentiated instruction determined by readiness, rate of learning, and prescriptive needs.
- Evidence-based strategies for mild to moderate learning differences and related disabilities
- Organizational support infused throughout the curriculum
- Intense focus on language arts, oral and written communication as well as grade appropriate mathematics
- Technology-based instruction and resources
- Participation in prayers, Judaic classes, observances, and Hebrew instruction
- Daily academic advocacy and executive functioning support
- Student-focused, small group instruction (not to exceed eight students/class)
- A highly skilled supportive team made-up of experienced ESE teachers, Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist, and guidance counselor
- Data-based progress monitoring
- Ongoing, detailed communication creating home-school connection
Posnack Plus Students
- Are in grades 1 – 8 and have an average to above average intellectual ability
- Have a diagnosed mild to moderate learning disability
- May demonstrate weak executive functioning skills
- May be performing below their ability
- Struggle with sustaining attention or focus
- Improve comprehension with modified pacing
- Benefit from academic remediation and support
- Are able to access modified grade-level curriculum
- Are able to participate independently within the mainstream setting
Note: Posnack Plus only accepts students that meet the specified program criteria. Students must demonstrate proficiency within three academic grade levels for both math and reading to qualify for Posnack Plus. Students with significant developmental issues or behavioral concerns will not be accepted.
- Completed application to Posnack School
- Current psycho-educational evaluation administered by a licensed professional (within two years)
- Teacher and administrator recommendations
- Report cards from prior two years
- Student observation
- Parent and student interview (grades 4-8)
- Review by Posnack School Admissions Committee
A Day at Posnack Plus – Lower School
- Art, Music, PE
- Social Studies
- Social Thinking/Mindset
- Jewish Life
A Day at Posnack Plus – Middle School
- Language Arts
- Electives (choice of 2)
- Academic Resources & Learning Strategies
A Posnack Plus Success Story
Since entering the Posnack program, ‘J’ has become an engaged and confident learner. She is able to tackle new learning experiences with determination and resilience. She says, “I love learning in Posnack Plus. I really get it!” J’s reading comprehension and fluency levels have increased beyond a grade level, gradually reducing the gaps between what she was able to do and grade level expectations. Because of the Kulam setting, J exudes confidence, self-assurance, and growing academic success.